Thursday, October 23, 2008

Healing The Brain Through Touch Therapies, monthly Meetup in Tucson, 85704

Announcing Wednesday evening groups at my new office. Healing The Brain Through Touch Therapies is open not just to therapists but all people who are able to put their hands compassionately on others' heads, and who are willing to learn to heal the brain using the latest techniques.
Class size is limited to 6 because only 3 massage tables will fit in the office. 3 people will lie on the tables while 3 others practice the brain-healing techniques I will guide you in, we will practice between 20-40 minutes, talk, have a break, and then trade--those who were lying down will now work on their partners.
RSVP through the web link above is required, and class size cannot go over six. The first spot was taken within 24 hours of my posting, and we're still two months from the date, so you may want to act quickly.
I am envisioning participants who have had their own brain injury or disease, who are healthy enough to work on others and would then enjoy having someone work on them in exchange.
I'm sorry but if a person's injury limits their ability to work on others, they may not participate. However, the caretakers of that person may participate in the meetup, and take the techniques home to work on the brain injured person.
Healing The Brain begins on January 21, 2009 and will meet on third Wednesdays thereafter. Please see more about the group and sign up through Meetup Dot Com: http://www.meetup.com/Healing-The-Brain-Through-Touch-Therapies
We will meet at my office in a residential neighborhood of NW Tucson, or South Oro Valley, near Cross Jr. High, bounded by Magee, Ina, La Canada, and Oracle Road.
This is the same office where I will be holding small classes (3 massage tables = six participants) for NCBTMB continuing education hours for massage therapists and bodyworkers, and where I will be offering massage therapy/bodywork sessions 3 days a week.
The techniques I am learning about healing the brain are just too wonderful to keep only to therapists. Also, the numbers of brain injured are growing faster than therapists are learning the techniques--this is why I have decided to teach the techniques to the general public.
My teaching style is loose and "student-centered." That means I tailor each class to the participants there, to the questions you are asking, and match your ability levels.
In a safe and fun way I will challenge you to do more than you thought you could.

No comments: