Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Melting Muscles for Beginners

Melting Muscles for Beginners

Four-Hour Workshops, $80.00 per person

(see calendar above for dates)

with Patrick Moore

Location: NW Tucson, at the home office of Patrick Moore LMT (you will be given directions after you register).

Minimum 2, maximum 6 participants.

 

Would you like to be able to relax the muscles of your children, parents, partner, or friends? After teaching Licensed Massage Therapists since 2002, I have decided to begin sharing the Melting Muscles method with all interested people. You don't need any previous experience or education.

 

After a brief introduction you will choose a partner from the other class participants to practice with. (Those who do not wish to trade with other participants may bring a partner or friend to the workshop, who will also pay tuition). Half of the participants will lie down on the massage tables in my office, to be "recipients." The other half will be "givers." I will teach the givers first to move the arm into a favorable position for the shoulder to relax. Then I will teach you how to feel the shoulder elevator muscle (upper trapezius.) Within a very short time you will be feeling this muscle melt in your hand. Melting is proof that the muscle is relaxing. You can actually feel the hardness of muscle tension softening. Then it will be your turn to lie down.

 

Everyone is fully clothed, and we will be feeling the muscles through clothing. So wear loose, stretchy clothes like T-shirts, yoga or workout clothes.

 

Please bring snacks and water as we will be taking short breaks each hour.

A restroom is provided. There is parking for several cars available.

 

Registration begins by contacting Patrick Moore by calling me at 520-334-8950. Registration is not guaranteed—I would like to have a short conversation with each potential participant just to make sure they are people we feel comfortable touching and having touch us. Payment made in full by ten days before the workshop saves you 25%. Registration is due by 3 days before the workshop, with a $20.00 non-refundable deposit to hold your place in class. After six registrants there will be a waiting list, or you may register for a future workshop (I plan to hold them between four and twelve times over the next year). Payments may be made with cash, check, or PayPal. If you would like to use a card but do not have a PayPal account yet, I can email you an invoice which will take you to PayPal where you can complete your transaction online without having to create a PayPal account.

 

I look forward to teaching beginners. I recall fondly a workshop I taught in Oklahoma where one of the participants was a beginner (I wasn't told this until after the workshop). He was a delight to teach, very enthusiastic and I think he actually learned faster or deeper than the other therapists who had lots of education and experience. I believe Melting Muscles is perfect for unlicensed people to practice on family and friends, for one, because it is so easy to learn (you will master it in one day), two, because it is so easy to have undeniable results of muscles relaxing, three, because it is done with recipients fully clothed, and four, because it can be done without a massage table—on the grass, on any kind of table, on a bed, with the recipient sitting in a chair or even standing.

 

There is a pdf handout if you click on the date in the google calendar above. If you cannot access the google calendar handout, please call me and I can email you a copy of the handout.

 

I look forward to meeting you. I always enjoy meeting new people and I love presenting workshops.

 

My teaching style is Socratic—I believe you already possess your natural link to knowledge, and my job is not to tell you the answers but to direct you where to find your own answers. Past students really enjoy learning Melting Muscles and find the workshop style refreshing.

 

If you have any other questions, please call me. There is no obligation to sign-up if you just have some questions J   

 

No comments: